In episode four of Food Network Star, bland dishes get a makeover during New York Fashion Week. Ted Allen is a guest judge this week. Josh Lyons from team Giada was eliminated last week which leaves four members on each team.
The teams are as follows;
- Eric Lee - Petaluma, Calif.
- Nikki Martin - West Hollywood, Calif.
- Malcolm Mitchell - Washington, D.C.
- Michelle Ragussis - Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Martie Duncan – Birmingham, Ala.
- Emily Ellyn – Ohio / Orlando, Fla.
- Judson Allen – Chicago, Illinois
- Justin Warner - Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Yvan Lemoine – New York
- Linkie Marais – North Attleborough, Mass.
- Martita Jara – San Diego, Calif.
- Phillip “Ippy” Aiona – Hawaii.
Ted Allen shows up to tell the teams that this week they will be competing as teams. The challenge is to take ordinary every day dishes and transform them into a fashionable experience. They will prepare their revised dish at Pamela Rowland’s Fashion Show in New York City and describe their made over dish to the audience as a model struts their dishes down a runway. They will be given $250.00 and 1 hour to prepare their meals at the fashion show’s kitchen.
Bob and Susie will be present along with Ted Allen and the team leaders plus a fashion show audience.
- Eric struggled in the kitchen and it threw his presentation off. The judges loved his food but not his presentation.
- Michele started off really good with her presentation but never completed the journey she took the audience on. The judges loved her dish though.
- Malcolm hit the ball out of the park with his presentation and his food.
- Nikki did a great job with her presentation and her food. Last week at the bottom made her pick it up this week.
- Justin did a wonderful job with his presentation and the judges were totally impressed with his new rendition of the dish he had to make over.
- Emily wowed the judges with her presentation and her dish. She was really fun to watch and her food looked great.
- Martie did a pretty good presentation and her food tasted good but her food presentation was lacking because it was served in a cooking ring.
- Judson was less than memorable with his presentation and his food was not very good.
- Yvan was too over the top with his presentation but the judges loved his dish. The judges have told him to be more assertive and he went over board.
- Ippy was once again too laid back with his presentation but the judges loved his dish.
- Linky blew her presentation as she lost her train of thought but the judges loved her food.
- Martita did a great presentation of herself and her food and the judges loved her and her food this week.
Susie and Bob told the teams that this week’s winner would receive a $10,000 Discover Card for the best dish and presentation and the winner is Justin Warner from team Alton. Team Alton also won the challenge and would be safe from possible elimination.
The bottom two would come from team Giada and team Bobby. The two chosen were Phillip “Ippy” Aiona and Eric Lee. Two of the best cooks on the show were facing elimination because they have failed to perform out of the kitchen.
Taste the same dish and do a 1 minute camera presentation describing the dish in this case is french toast with fruit, whipped cream and mascarpone cheese.
Each contestant did their 1 minute description of the same dish and went before Susie and Bob for final critique and possible elimination. Neither contestant did very well with their camera presentation and after least minute comments from their mentors Susie and Bob eliminated Eric Lee and told Phillip “Ippy” Aiona he was safe for another week.
images courtesy of foodnetwork.com